WEBINAR - The global polyolefins market outlook
Note, this Webinar was held on November 23 - if you missed it Contact Us for further information.
Global polyolefins business is living through yet another headwind. Inflation is restricting economic activities, while the Covid-19 pandemic is yet to subside. Global polyolefins operating rates are expected to reduce further over the next three years following around five percent decline over the last three years. A trough is expected around 2025-2026 due to limited demand growth and new capacity additions across the globe.
This Webinar will address key questions:
- How has the global economy impacted the polyolefins market during 2021 and 2022
- How has the different grades of polyolefins demand evolved?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in 2023 and beyond, and what are the regional trends?
- What trends are influencing supply and which regions are currently investing in new capacity?
- With increasing protectionism, how is global trade likely to evolve?
- Longer term, how will recycling influence polyolefins markets?
- How have turbulent energy markets impacted production costs of polyolefins through 2021 and 2022?
- How has supply disruption impacted profitability of polyolefins through 2021 and 2021?
- How has competitiveness of polyolefins production evolved in recent turbulent markets?
Wednesday November 23, 2022 @ 9AM GMT
Duration: 45 minutes
Wednesday November 23, 2022 @ 2PM GMT
Duration: 45 minutes
About the Presenters...
Xuesong Peng, Market Lead
Xuesong has 15 years industry experience, having led and performed a wide range of consulting engagements on petrochemicals and polymers and extended value chains. Recently, Xuesong assumed a managing role in NexantECA subscriptions and reports.
Andrew Powell, Profitability Lead
Andrew has 20 years of experience analysing petrochemical industry performance with NexantECA. He is an expert in assessing production economics and preparing price forecasts spanning the full petrochemical industry value chain, from refinery to specialty chemicals. Andrew leads the development of NexantECA profitability and pricing analysis across the global petrochemical industry.
About Us - NexantECA, the Energy and Chemicals Advisory company is the leading advisor to the energy, refining, and chemical industries. Our clientele ranges from major oil and chemical companies, governments, investors, and financial institutions to regulators, development agencies, and law firms. Using a combination of business and technical expertise, with deep and broad understanding of markets, technologies and economics, NexantECA provides solutions that our clients have relied upon for over 50 years.