Providing advice and testimony across a wide range of litigation cases across the energy, refining and chemicals sectors in both technology and commercial roles.
NexantECA has successfully provided expert analysis and testimony for governments, law firms and operating clients.
Our experience covers the full range of expert services, including the following:
- Contract, quality and pricing disputes
- Full range of industry-expert consulting services, historical fact and damage reviews, and valuation aspects of litigation support
- Economic damage assessments
- Litigation and arbitration support in patent cases
- Trade and lender claims in bankruptcy proceedings
- Extensive technology capabilities and experience to provide expert reports and expert testimony
Key litigation cases where NexantECA has provided expert advice is with the environmental impact of MTBE on groundwater contamination. NexantECA has provided technical assessment of the characteristics of MTBE as a gasoline blendstock, its production processes, transport systems of gasoline with MTBE, and the linkage between production sources at refineries and on-purpose merchant plants through to fuels terminals and retail stations.