The NexantECA Ron Cascone Memorial Scholarship is NexantECA’s way of honoring our departed colleague and continuing his passion for making the world a better place using engineering and chemistry. We want to empower the next generation of leaders and experts in bio-renewables to pay forward Ron’s life’s work – and that’s where you come in.
The NexantECA Ron Cascone Memorial Scholarship is more than just a monetary award. We want to be on hand to give you the opportunity for the same mentorship and expert commentary Ron gave us all. We want to help you experience what it’s like to be truly at the frontiers of our industry, to have insight into the complex systems that undergird the greening of the chemical industry, and to spar with world-renowned experts that Ron helped us become.
Who are we looking for? (Eligibility)
- Full-time students in a 4-year undergraduate program
- US citizens or permanent residents
- Rising seniors studying chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials science
- Attending an institute of higher education in one of the 5 boroughs of New York City, Rockland County, Suffolk County, and Westchester County
How can you apply? (Application)
- Provide a resume and current transcript
- Write an essay of up to 1000 words on the following topic:
Ron Cascone devoted his life to helping the energy and chemicals industries become more environmentally friendly and sustainable. What projects or issues in green chemistry are you passionate about? How will you use your studies to follow Ron Cascone’s example?
Submit your resume, transcript and essay to Scholarships@NexantECA.com
The Ron Cascone Memorial Scholarship awards 3 students per year up to $5000 towards their tuition, as well as offers opportunities for mentorship and real-life experience from one of the top industry consultancies in the world. Awards will be made once per year during the Summer.
The closing date for this year's application is August 1st 2021.